Friday 24 April 2009
Thursday 23 April 2009
I have no will to do anything.
I don't like anyone's company.
I don't like anyone.
I hate everyone.
I don't want to go to work.
I don't want to stay at home.
I want to cry, and retch, till I can cry no more.
I want to bleed. Like really bleed.
I don't want anyone's pity. I don't want anyone's friendship.
I just want to be left alone.
I have no friends.
I have no life.
I want to end this all.
This stupid fucking drama called life.
I hate everyone.
I'm done now.
Please, don't comment on this post.
Saturday 18 April 2009
I'm absolutely fond of cooking. It's my favorite hobby, I love experimenting, and I do believe I'm a good cook! I like reading recipes, trying them out, and putting my own spin on things...
Unfortunately, I am a DISASTER when it comes to baking. I can't bake a cake to save my life! And this post is about one such unfortunate baking disaster.
I read a recipe for Milk Cake, and it sounded, and looked, delicious. It looked pretty simple to make, so I decided I'll try it.
The recipe called for a tin of condensed milk, flour, baking soda, sugar, and six eggs. I mixed everything well, pre-heated the oven, set the baking mold, and I got to baking. The recipe said it should take about 20 minutes to make, so I set the timer accordingly.
Well, five minutes later, I could smell something from the kitchen. So my nose led me there, and I peered into the oven. What I saw next was sort of amazing. The "cake" had risen out of the tray, almost like a souffle, and there was a thick smell of eggs around. For safety measures, I even inserted a toothpick, which came out clean. This is an indication that the "cake" was done.
So I took it out of the oven, and set it to cool. The smell of eggs was too overpowering, so I was sort of prepared for a nasty creation. I took a small piece and popped it into my mouth. And let me tell you, it was disgusting! I wasn't eating "cake"...I was eating eggs! YUCK! It was so disgusting, I spit it out.
No one touched the experiment, and it was lying in the casserole for about a week till mould took over. It was completely green by the time mum threw it out. Good riddance, I say! You may also like to know that I haven't baked since that day..
I suppose it's the six eggs that ruined it. So come to think of it, the disaster wasn't really my fault...it was the recipe's! Oh well!
Wednesday 15 April 2009
Tuesday 14 April 2009
(Disclaimer: The views expressed below are mine, and mine alone. I am not very well versed with lots of genre of music. So if you find anything wrong below, please don't feel offended.)
I have always liked Franz Ferdinand. Their first two albums have been really good, so I did not think this would be any different! So I sat back, pumped up the volume, and enjoyed 42:43 minutes of really good music!
The album opens with the mind-blowing 'Ulysses'. The opening is so good, it just immediately hooks you in, and doesn't let go till the very last song! 'Turn It On' follows next, which is pretty good too. Listen to 'Katherine Kiss Me' and 'No You Girls' one after the another..they are two versions of the same song, though I liked 'Katherine Kiss Me' more! 'Lucid Dreams' reminded me a lot of 'Strawberry Fields Forever' by The Beatles (the best band ever, by the way!). The song is around eight minutes long, with the last two minutes pure beats, no words. If you're into it, you'll listen, though I skipped that part! ;)
Stylistically, I can compare them to The Killers, and in some ways, The Bealtes of the late 60s. It really takes a lot for a person like me to appreciate such music, but Franz Ferdinand didn't make much of an effort!
Rewind: Ulysses, Katherine Kiss Me, Twilight Omens
Skip: Lucid Dreams
Final Verdict: 3.5/5. Will definitely go back to this one!
Thursday 9 April 2009
Do us ladies a favor, and please, for the love of God, and your mamas..do not, I repeat, NOT fall in love, or get into a relationship.
I love you, but I love mommy more!
1. Your mom hates us, no matter how nice we are.
2. She wants you to marry a girl of her choice.
3. She would prefer you to be single forever.
4. If you don't do well in your studies, or are lagging in your career, she will blame us.
5. She believes we love you for your "wealth".
6. If you had to choose, you will obviously pick your mamas over us.
So once again, don't go against your mama's wishes, and please remain single forever. You're wasting your time, our time, and God knows what else. Wait till you're 30 and your mom marries you off to some soni kudi (whom she will hate too, cause eventually she took her son away from her).
Bring on the bad boys!
Tuesday 7 April 2009
What would I do without random people in my life?
Monday 6 April 2009
Before I turned 21, I did not care.
I did not look for it.
I never wondered what Love felt like.
Then, I fell in Love.
Fell in Love with someone who Loved me.
I Loved Loving the one who Loved me.
It was a feeling I can't describe.
The feeling made me feel cozy.
Like a warm, fuzzy blanket.
On a cold winter's day.
I thought I would be in Love.
Forever. And ever.
But (I hate buts) things changed, and the blanket was taken away from me.
What remained were broken pieces of glass.
Or maybe it was our hearts.
Tears, lots of them.
I moaned, and weeped, and cried.
I wanted Love back.
But (I love buts) I started thinking.
I thought a lot.
Maybe, I wasn't Loving myself.
And so I began.
I found Love again.
A whole new kind of Love.
A Love with no boundaries.
A Love that will be endless forever.
A Love that takes me back to those days.
Where I did not care about finding Love.
A Love that taught me.
Love can be found when you least expect it.
And so, I learned.
And for all those who suffered/are suffering like I did.
I hope you do too.
Thursday 2 April 2009
1. I am a make-up hoarder. Every month, I spend big bucks on buying make-up, but I never end up using them!
2. My office desk is decorated (messed up!) with the following things: A Manchester United/Smirnoff poster, a photograph of a cat I had taken in Karvar, a tiny Amir Khan photo (don't ask why!), a candy cane and a snowman leftover from Christmas decoration, an email one of my professors sent me, a small religious paraphernalia, a soft toy (dog!), a tiny turtle (which was a keychain, but broke), Calvin and Hobbes comic strips, and a Dove calender. I hoard.
3. I suck at giving interviews. I freeze, I smile like a moron, and speak in monosyllables.
4. I'm jealous of two of my friends.
5. I hate that I give off an aura of immaturity. I can be very serious and mature when I want to be.
6. I want to try the Spiderman kiss.
7. I hate paneer (cottage cheese) It's the yuckiest thing ever!
8. I have tried to give up meat (basically chicken) three times in my life. And obviously, haven't been successful!
9. I hate, abhor kids. I can only tolerate new borns.
10. Taking it forward from point no. 9, I find it absolutely ridiculous that people keep random baby pictures in their photo albums on social networking sites. One word - paedophilia!
11. I love stationary!
12. I'm going to get a tattoo this year.
13. I feel alone in a crowd. I do better with a small group.
14. I love being the center of attention.
15. I am not a leader, but a follower.
16. The first thing that attracts me towards a guy are his teeth.
17. My foot is perpetually in my mouth, since I speak before I think.
18. I think John Abraham is the hottest guy ever. Damn those abs! -drools-
19. We had gone as an audience member to the shoot for "Kya Aap Panchvi Paas Se Tez Hain". When SRK arrived, I screamed "Take off your shirt!". Unfortunately, he didn't hear me :(
20. I often dream of a white plastic bag floating around my head, and I am trying to catch it. I still haven't caught it, not even once.
21. I love reality tv, but don't like the musical ones. Those suck.
22. I want to have an openly gay friend.
23. The only film I have seen more than once in a theatre is Lord of The Rings. I saw it five times!
24. I believe that there is life beyond our galaxy. Perhaps in some milkyway, some being is writing the same thing in their blog!
25. Ever since I have eaten it, I crave for crackling spinach all the time! Mmm..so delicious!!!!!
There. I'm done!