Wikipedia: A broken heart (or heartbreak) is a common metaphor used to describe the intense psychological pain one feels after losing a loved one, through death, divorce, or other means as in breaking up with someone or having your partner move away.
- A perceived tightness of the chest, similar to an anxiety attack
- Stomach ache and/or loss of appetite
- Partial or complete insomnia
- Apathy (loss of interest)
- Feelings of loneliness
- Feelings of hopelessness and despair
- Loss of self-respect and/or self-esteem
- Medical or psychological illness (e.g. depression)
- Suicidal thoughts (in extreme cases)
- The thousand-yard stare
The title of this blog entry may be a song sung by Lindsay Lohan, but it is also a feeling that I am going through currently.
What happens when you're in love, when you feel like being with the person forever, when you feel like nothing can go wrong -- but everything just falls down?
- You wake up with terrible heart ache, the kind that just wont go away.
- You'll stare at your phone for hours, wondering if he'll leave a message.
- You stare at the wall, mindlessly, blankly..with no thoughts coming to mind.
- You'll cry for hours and hours, till your eyes swell to the size of golf balls, and you can cry no more.
- You'll tell yourself you'll move on, when you know you cant.
- You'll be hopeful that it will all change, that he will tell you he misses you and wants to get back with you.
- You'll think it's just a bad dream, and you are waiting to wake up.
- You'll try to immerse yourself in work, but your attention always goes back to him.
- You'll feel like a part of your soul has been ripped apart, there is a feeling of emptiness.
- You're numb.
- You're lonely.
- You're sad.
- You're just not yourself.
How I wish breaking up was easy. For him, as well as for me.
Wait, if I am wishing for something, why not wish we never broke up at all?
I'm trying to move on. It's truly the hardest thing I've ever done. I wish it didn't happen. But it did..
I can't think of what to write anymore. I wish I knew. I wish.