Wednesday 17 September, 2008

The Chronicles of a gym-goer: Day 1

It all started a few weeks back when I was looking at myself in the mirror. Actually looking. I checked myself out from each angle, and I realized, heck, I am not happy with what I am looking at. And I felt something should be done about this.

Now, I am the kind of person who usually forgets about promises of a healthy lifestyle in a matter of seconds. But somehow, something was different this time. My thoughts kept naggig me, and finally, I gave in, and I decided to join the gym.

This would not be my first time, however. Make that the sixth. Yup. I have had five previously failed attempts at gymming, all ending with bed rest. I wanted this time to be different.

The gym smells were so familiar (sweaty t-shirts mixed with disinfectant). A sense of nostalgia hit me, and I felt this time I would be successful.

So the formalities were done. The fees was paid. And I was ready!

While watching some people work out, I was wondering, why is it so hard to loose weight and so easy to gain it? Now I would have to give up all my junk food cravings, all my sandwich binges, and I probably would have to cut down on going out, cause then, I would inadvertantly be stuffing my face with things that are not good for me. -sigh-

So my first day at the gym began and came to an end in half an hour (being my first day, the instructor did not want to make me work out too much). And it felt good.

I just hope this enthusiasm of mine doesn't end! And these blog posts will be testemant to my efforts, and a reminder to myself to keep going. C'mon people. CHEER FOR ME!!

No comments: