Saturday 3 September, 2011

30 Days of Me - Day 1

Day 1 – A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was

I look nothing like this in reality

So here we are, Day 1 of the 30 days of me challenge. As asked, here is a picture of me. I am not very fond of sharing what I look like to the public domain, but since it's a challenge, why not have some fun with it, eh?

Today was one of those days when I was returning back to work after a two-day holiday. You know that intense laziness that settles in your bones? That is how I felt, waking up to my alarm clock ringing in my ear. When the initial laziness settles in, then strikes the realisation that I have to wake up and go to work. Yawn.

Not that I don't enjoy work. It's just that a holiday means a lot more to a person who doesn't get many.

After that, my day has been pretty much regular. Slept in the bus. Slept in the train. Completed a few pending things at work and then sat there, twiddling my thumbs, thinking about life. For some time now, an intense amount of sadness has fallen over me, like this heavy quilt that just won't let go. When I get these bouts of sadness, I can physically feel my heart sinking to my stomach and I feel this need to cry.

But I don't. I am quite comfortable with this facade of a happy person I have created for myself.

After that I accompanied a friend to a hyper market, because she wanted to buy some groceries. While she went on a cheese rampage, I looked around for things I could buy. I bought some cheese sausages, smoked chicken salami, french fries, pringles, tic tacs, amongst other things. It was fun.

Sometimes I think shopping is the only thing that makes me happy.

Then I returned home. Ate some dinner, and here I am typing this out. Not a bad day, indeed.

If you want to take up this challenge yourself, click HERE.
For the original post, click HERE.

4 comments:

Manali said...

Shopping is a therapy =D





P.S : Awesome picture.

Supaar said...

Indeed it is :) And thank you!

Anshul said...

good to see u bloggin agn...will have to take out some time for next 30 days :) ....

Supaar said...

Yay!